This month’s tutor of the month is Stewart McCombe. Stewart has been great over the last few weeks, focusing on delegate development and delivering exceptional training on our in house programmes and open courses. As a testament to his hard work, Stewart received some excellent feedback from his delegates.
We recently caught up with Stewart to find out more about him and hear his thoughts about working with In Professional Development.
Find out more about him below…
1) What 3 words would you use to describe In Professional Development?
Learning – Energising – Fun
2) What is the biggest challenge you’ve overcome in your career?
Making the decision to leave my banking career of 22 years to move into development training.
3) What would you say your biggest achievement in your career is?
Leaving my career in banking and investing my knowledge across a range of varied experiences and opportunities.
4) What do you like the most about your role as an associate tutor?
As someone who is curious and loves to hear the stories of others, meeting and bringing professional development to others is brilliant. It is a privilege and truly inspiring to hear the achievements of others in their lives and careers.
5) What would you say are the biggest lessons you’ve learned over your career?
Trust your gut. The best decisions are made when your head, heart and gut are all in alignment, but always listen to your core values around whether something is the right thing to do.
6) Do you have a hidden talent and if so, what?
Growing up I was very musical, and really enjoyed being ‘on stage’. In many ways it is not dissimilar to being an INPD tutor and being on stage again!
7) What one invention would you uninvent and why?
It has to be social media. While it can be hugely positive, the overwhelming challenges and addictions still need to be resolved.
8) Name one thing on your bucket list or an ambition of yours…
I have a big birthday next year, and plan to tick off ‘50’ things I’ve been wanting to do!
9) If you had to pick an animal to best describe you what would it be and why?
Like me, the golden eagle loves the Scottish Highlands. If only I could see the mountains, however, from the eagle’s perspective.
10) Tell us something most people don’t know about you…
I have done 2 marathons with a third planned for next year!
If you would like to find out more and join Stewart on our Directors Development Programme click here.
Thank you for all your hard work this month Stewart!!