Congratulations to James Willerton, who has been awarded February’s tutor of the month.
James went above and beyond for In Professional Development, delivering our in-house programmes and programmes he’s never taught before. Being highly praised for his support on these courses, as his incredible feedback reflects. James has been recognised for his help in redefining and modifying our case study process and his great tutorials for our CMI accreditations.
We caught up with James to find out a bit more about him. You can read his answers below…
1) What 3 words would you use to describe In Professional Development?
2) What is the biggest challenge you’ve overcome in your career?
Probably overcoming my own personal barriers through increasing self-awareness and a mindset to prevail.
3) What would you say your biggest achievement in your career is?
Getting up off the canvas and going again.
4) What do you like the most about your role as an associate tutor?
This sounds weird as an introvert, but I love meeting new people with interesting experiences and backgrounds, and learning from them. The job makes me think differently most days!
5) What would you say are the biggest lessons you’ve learned over your career?
a. Try to let other people be.
b. Accept that style often wins over substance.
c. Be responsible for what I can control.
d. To “find my Denmark” (you’ll have to attend one of my courses to get that!)
6) Do you have a hidden talent and if so, what?
I’m a decent photographer (I use my own images in my presentations where I can), and can knock out a poem if I have to.
7) What one invention would you uninvent and why?
If you take away an invention of today, you might be taking away a wonderful invention of tomorrow – so nothing springs to mind. Maybe blogging!
8) Name one thing on your bucket list or an ambition of yours…
I have a few! One thing is to go and spend some time in Japan, the culture has always fascinated me (I try to incorporate some Eastern philosophy in my training).
9) If you had to pick an animal to best describe you what would it be and why?
Get your own questions! Elephant all the way. Wrinkly, slow, strong, load-bearing. Best not make me really angry.
10) Tell us something most people don’t know about you…
I am a pretty big fan of Abba, Nero and Radiohead. Make of that what you will!
Thank you for all your hard work and efforts this month James, we really appreciated what you’ve done for us.
James is our expert tutor on the CMI level 7 Coaching & Mentoring programme and the CMI Level 7 Advanced Management Programme. If you would like to join us at either of these courses, or know more on them, please email [email protected].