Our dynamic and consultative Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving Programme has been designed for senior leaders, who are responsible for engaging with complex organisational decisions, and have a role in deciding upon, defining or presenting organisational strategy. This decision making programme develops your problem solving skills, as well as your capacity and confidence to make well-thought-out, informed and comprehensive decisions.
The Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving Programme is practitioner led. Our tutors are experienced company directors who hold, at a minimum, Masters level qualifications in their field. Underpinning theory has been carefully selected from current academic research, and best practice has been selected from a combination of business and public sector (NHS, NATO, Government) insights.
Who is this course for?
The Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving programme is perfect for those who are involved in and/or responsible for making senior decisions that have a strategic impact on your business.
This programme is designed to support:
- Directors and C level executives
- Heads of Department
- Senior Leaders
- Business owners
After attending the Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving programme, delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Understand the principles of effective strategic decision making
- Understand the different approaches to strategy (creative/analytical) and how having an effective strategy informs decision making
- Apply a proven strategic process to own organisational context and develop a real-world strategic decision-making framework
- Identify their own personality type and working preferences (using the Myers-Briggs personality assessment tool) and understand how this relates to their own strengths as a problem solver
- Clarify business real-world problems and apply a proven method to solving these in a diverse and collaborative learning environment
- Assess your own business’ strategic decision-making capability
- Improve your confidence and ability to make complex decisions and to generate alternative options
- Recognise and develop strategies to overcome the key decision-making challenges
- Evaluate and mange associated risks and uncertainty
- Understand the range of approaches to problem solving
- Evaluate progresses, action planning and implementation
- Match problems with appropriate problem-solving methods and strategies
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I achieve a degree or masters at the end of my course?
Upon completion of our Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving Programme you will receive a recognised qualification (AWARD) accredited by the CMI to level 7 (Post-graduate level).
You can find out more about our accreditations on our Qualifications page.
I have worked in a management position for 4 years, but I have no formal qualifications. Can I still attend this course?
Our courses are designed for all professional roles, whether you have educational qualifications or not. However, we usually suggest that delegates have a minimum of 2 years’ management experience for this leadership courses.
Who should attend this course?
Typically our CMI Level 7 programmes attract general managers, heads of departments, directors of departments, assistant directors, managing directors, CEOs and other senior leaders. Each cohort will be varied, so delegates have access to a network of different job roles across all industry sectors.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Learn the principles of strategic decision making
- Apply proven strategic processes to your organisational context
- Develop a strategic decision-making framework for your organisation
- Identify your own personality type and working preferences
- Improve your ability to make complex decisions
- Learn how to evaluate and mange associated risks and uncertainty
Alex was faultless! The day I spent with him was excellent. His delivery was first class, he had in-depth knowledge on theories, exercises and industries. All the other attendees got involved with the course and this benefited everyone. I would definitely recommend this course to others!
NHS Healthcare services