Our dynamic and consultative Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving Programme has been designed for senior leaders who are responsible for engaging with complex organisational decisions, and have a role in deciding upon, defining or presenting organisational strategy. This programme develops your capacity and confidence to make well-thought-out, informed and comprehensive decisions.
The Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving Programme is practitioner led. Our tutors are experienced company directors who hold, at a minimum, Masters level qualifications in their field. Underpinning theory has been carefully selected from current academic research, and best practice has been selected from a combination of business and public sector (NHS, NATO, Government) insights.
Who is this course for?
The strategic decision making and problem solving programme is perfect for those who are involved in and/or responsible for making senior decisions that have a strategic impact on your business.
This programme is designed to support;
- Directors and C level executives
- Heads of Department
- Senior Leaders
- Business owners
After attending the strategic decision making and problem solving programme, delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Understand the principles of effective strategic decision making
- Understand the different approaches to strategy (creative/analytical) and how having an effective strategy informs decision making
- Apply a proven strategic process to own organisational context and develop a real-world strategic decision-making framework
- Identify own personality type and working preferences (using the Myers-Briggs personality assessment tool) and understand how this relates to own strengths as a problem solver
- Clarify business real-world problems and apply a proven method to solving these in a diverse and collaborative learning environment
- Assess your own business’ strategic decision-making capability
- Improve your confidence and ability to make complex decisions and to generate alternative options
- Recognise and develop strategies to overcome the key decision-making challenges
- Evaluate and mange associated risks and uncertainty
- Understand the range of approaches to problem solving
- Evaluate progresses, action planning and implementation
- Match problems with appropriate problem-solving methods and strategies
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course most suitable for?
This programme is perfect for individuals who are involved in and/or are responsible for making strategic decisions within their organisation. Designed to support directors, heads of, senior leaders and C-level executives.
What are the key learning objectives of this course?
Our Strategic Decision Making and Problem Solving programme will give delegates the knowledge to:
- Understand the different approaches to strategy and how to best use them,
- Assess your own business decision making capabilities,
- Develop strategies to overcome the key decisions-making challenges,
- Identify own personality type and working preferences,
- Evaluate processes, action planning and implementation.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Learn the principles of strategic decision making
- Apply proven strategic processes to your organisational context
- Develop a strategic decision-making framework for your organisation
- Identify your own personality type and working preferences
- Improve your ability to make complex decisions
- Learn how to evaluate and mange associated risks and uncertainty
Alex was faultless! The day I spent with him was excellent. His delivery was first class, he had in-depth knowledge on theories, exercises and industries. All the other attendees got involved with the course and this benefited everyone. I would definitely recommend this course to others!
NHS Healthcare services