The Advanced Leadership for Directors course reflects current practice in Leadership and management. Candidates will develop and expand their understanding and reflection on how these can be developed in an emerging digital and global economy. Participants can expect to engage in a range of group and individual workshop activities where role play, scenario setting, thought leadership activity and didactic learning will take place.
The taught elements of the course will include an overview of the following areas, to provide scope in the application of the tools and thinking together with core competencies and theoretical perspectives:
- Self-awareness in leadership
- Developing an inquisitive mind-set
- Managing performance and measuring progress
- Influencing a positive culture in the workplace
- Managing diverse inter-dependent teams
- Developing resilience in the workforce
- Thought leadership
- Team coaching
This module is one of five modules, which together make up the full Directors Development Programme. The module can be taken on its own or as part of the full programme. By attending this course, you will gain invaluable insights from industry experts in to new ways of working, innovative concepts and the latest theories that can be applied instantly on returning to your own organisation.
Who is this programme for?
This programme has been designed for Managers, Directors and senior stakeholders with a minimum of 3 years senior management experience.
On completion of this module, delegates will:
- To gain an awareness of 21st Century leadership practice and its relevance to the role of the director and the board,
- Understand the importance of developing an inquisitive mind-set and leading organisational change and knowledge development,
- Understand how to inspire, influence and build high performing teams and measure their progress,
- Have an ability to Influence a positive culture in the workplace through effective, responsible, and sustainable board leadership,
- Have developed the required skills and increased awareness for what is expected to successfully manage teams that operate in the emerging digital and global economy,
- An ability to build, develop and inspire resilience into the workforce,
- The skills to apply a range of tools to engineer business improvements to benefit their organisation,
- An ability to practically embed leadership and management development in the workplace in the context of business improvement,
- The skills to act as a silent leader – guiding and influencing others to act so that a team building approach is adopted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this course give me any formal qualification?
Our Advanced Leadership for Directors course focuses on the knowledge around leadership at Director level. Our 2-day module courses are part of a wider programme, the Directors Development Programme, which offers a PgCert in Strategic Leadership for Directors.
If you would like to know more information about the qualification click here.
Where do the courses run?
Our module courses are ran in London and Manchester. Venues are located in both city centers making it accessible for all attending.
As well as these locations, this course is also delivered virtually.
I’m aspiring to be a Director, with the view of being promoted in the near future. Will this course be suitable for me?
The Advanced Leadership for Directors course is ideal for anyone who has 3 years’ experience or more in a senior role. It’s a great course for building Director knowledge and skills. Usual attendees of the course are Managing Directors, Directors, Heads of and other senior roles.
What are the key learning areas of this course?
The course is focused on developing skills around self-awareness when leading, developing leader knowledge, managing performance and building your thought leadership and coaching skills.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Increase confidence in applying strategic leadership and management skills and competencies
- Learn to build, develop and inspire resilience in the workforce
- Increase confidence to challenge and influence board level decisions and company direction
- Learn strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation
The tutor was very engaging and knowledgeable. This was a really useful course that will directly impact my practice at work
Marketing Director - Blackpool and Fylde College