A 2 day module held at venues across the UK.
The Finance for Non-Finance Directors course equips all Director's so they can recognise and be confident with key financial concepts, terminology and reports that provide insight in to the financial position of any organisation.
Helping non-finance directors to use and understand the financial numbers in their business, this course will provide candidates with the essential skills and knowledge to interpret key financial statements, models and ratios. Directors will be well placed to ask the right questions, make informed decisions and prioritise where to focus their energy and company resources. This module will give non-finance Directors the confidence to better scrutinise financial reports and challenge finance professionals in a positive and constructive way. Delegates will take away a vital understanding of financial strategy and improve financial planning.
Who is this course for?
This module is for Directors, business leaders and senior professionals who are required to use, interpret or produce financial information but have had little or no formal training within the field of finance. We recommend participants have a minimum 3-5 years of senior management experience.
On completion of this module, delegates will be equipped to:
- Understand how a robust financial strategy can help drive value within the organisation and underpin the company’s overall business plans,
- Confidently interrogate key financial data and challenge financial proposals, business plans, projections and reports,
- Review and assess the financial health and position of the organisation,
- Make balanced, informed Board level decisions based on an understanding of financial data,
- Recognise and comply with the statutory and other requirements relating to Company Director roles and responsibilities,
- Identify, evaluate and manage financial risk,
- Communicate more confidently and effectively with Directors and senior leaders on financial issues,
- Confidently challenge and influence Board level decisions and company direction based on a sound grasp of financial concepts,
- Evaluate the practical implications of investment decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m looking for a finance training course that will teach me the basics of finance. Is the Finance for Non-Finance course suitable for someone with limited financial knowledge?
Delegates do not require any previous experience or qualifications in finance, but we do recommend that delegates have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a management role.
As a manager, director, business leader or senior professional you may need to interpret or produce financial information as part of your role. This training course will help you to understand the finances within your business.
Do you have customer testimonials for this finance course that you can share with me?
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Understand more about financial strategy
- Challenge financial proposals, business plans, projections and reports
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate key financial data, models and reports
- Review and assess the financial health and position of the organisation
- Better understand the financial challenges within the business environment and apply best practice
This course has provided me with the substantial knowledge needed to allow me to increase my effectiveness within the organisation. Stewart made the course really 'easy' for the delegates and was able to give real life examples to demonstrate what is happening in the financial world.
Deputy Chief Executive