A 2 day module held at venues across the UK.
The Directors role in Strategic Marketing course will introduce you to the processes and methodologies of marketing planning and strategy. You will develop a tactical perspective on the underlying issues that affect a business and how they can be remedied through effective strategic planning in marketing.
This module will bring benefits to both you and your organisation. With formal training in strategic marketing, you will improve your personal effectiveness, confidence and influence at board level. Additionally, you will bring a fresh perspective back to your organisation along with innovative models, concepts and ideas to improve the performance and effectiveness of the board and your organisation.
Who is this programme for?
This programme has been designed for Managers, Directors and senior stakeholders with a minimum of 3 years senior management experience.
Upon completion, delegates will gain:
- A clear understanding of the board and director’s role in strategic marketing development
- Critical thinking skills required to successfully develop and build a coherent and effective marketing strategy
- An understanding of how an effective board and senior leadership team drives and influences strategic marketing approaches
- A director’s view of the role of Digital and social marketing
- Developed techniques for driving value and market share from research and insights
- An understanding of the importance and value of brand and how to leverage commercial advantage through a delivered brand promise
- An understanding of the range of tactics and techniques for influencing the purchasing decision making process
- An understanding of the key elements of effective design, planning, research and stakeholder engagement.
- The ability to articulate the importance of a well-developed marketing strategy
- Practical frameworks for effective Public affairs and stakeholder communications
- The ability to deploy a range of techniques and tools for effective strategic marketing
- Improved problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- An understanding of the range of tools and techniques in the delivery of a strategic marketing plan
- The ability to assess the marketing landscape, analysing the key strategic considerations both internally and externally to the organisation
- Increased confidence to challenge and influence board level decisions and company direction
- Coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation
- A comprehensive understanding of strategic marketing. a decision-making process for generating a strategic change perspective. What it is, what it involves and how it relates to and differs from corporate strategy and tactical marketing
- Strategic analysis tools and how to apply them to generate insights, including the BCG/GE Portfolio matrices and SWOT analysis
- An understanding of growth strategy including market penetration, market development, new product development and diversification
- Frameworks for competitive advantage and brand position development
- The ability to write a one page marketing strategy statement
- The ability to critically assess a strategic marketing plan
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am not yet a director, but I’m expecting to be promoted into this position in the coming months. Will this training course be suitable for me?
A: The Directors Role in Strategic Marketing course is ideal for anyone with 3-5 years senior management experience. Suitable roles would be managers, directors, managing directors, C-Level roles and other senior leaders.
Q: Will I gain a qualification at the end of this course?
A: You can attend the Directors Development Programme on an accredited basis and achieve a PGCert Strategic Leadership for Directors in Strategic Leadership and Management
Participants deciding to opt for the non-accredited route still benefit from the CPD points for attending the each module.
The Directors Role In Strategic Marketing is one of 5 modules that make up the Directors Development Programme. To gain the accreditation you need to have completed the full 5 modules.
You can learn these modules separately, or all in one go with our fast track 5 day DDP Accelerator course.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
I found this course extremely thought provoking. It challenged my mindset about work and leadership and what I should expect of myself before even trying to influence or lead others. It provides the tools to become a great or better leader and to see where someone could be going wrong. It also provided analysis tools for unpicking problems and situations and pin pointing the true source of a problem
School Business Manager