The Executive Education and Professional Training Programme has been uniquely designed for professionals aiming to be industry leaders in teaching and training professional and executive adult learners.
Accredited by the University of Chester, this course sets an industry benchmark for trainers, facilitators and tutors delivering training to a professional audience. Designed around industry best practice and latest leading research the course will differentiate between training and education and enable participants to do both effectively, drawing upon current thought leadership, and our own unique research into the field of professional education. The 5-day accelerator programme will focus on three core areas of professional education and training:
- Understanding current theory relating to how people learn.
- Confidence in delivery using a range of teaching, coaching, and facilitation techniques to support knowledge transfer.
- Action research and application of innovation in adult training and education.
The Executive Education and Professional Training Programme has been developed using current pedagogy and draws upon up-to-date neuroscience and psychological research relating to our understanding of how people learn. Designed for evidence-based practitioners, and engaging genuine thought leadership, the course will include the latest real-world industry research. With detailed interviews and assessments of the best and most highly regarded executive trainers in the UK, our research digs deep to truly understand their methods, techniques and approaches. The course uses this research and evidence base to underpin and develop a unique model to support best in class training and facilitation of senior executive groups.
Who is this course for?
The program will be beneficial to anybody who has an interest in teaching and training experienced adult groups. Potential participants for the course include:
- Learning and development professionals
- Professional tutors, facilitators and trainers
- Change leaders
- Executive education professionals
- Individuals exploring a career change into adult education
- Organisational and workforce development professionals
- Leaders and managers for whom teaching and developing others form part of their role.
Through interactive presentations and open discussion, the facilitators will deliver thought-provoking sessions. In a collaborative and supportive environment, the Executive Education and Professional Training Programme will blend tutor led session with delegate led ‘micro-teach’ inputs that will enable delegates to gain professional practice and detailed feedback.
Participants will be able to:
- Design, develop and deliver best in industry, high impact and engaging training and development programmes for professionals
- Successfully transfer professional knowledge from oneself to a professional audience, and confirm learning has taken place.
- Utilise technology to enable virtual and blended facilitation for large audiences, or remote learners.
- Demonstrate confidence in the training and facilitation of experienced executive groups, in own area of professional knowledge.
- Utilise current best practice approaches to coaching, mentoring and facilitation with professional groups.
- Examine current theory relating to how people learn, and engage this to inform own teaching approach.
- Research and apply current innovations in adult education through Action Research.
- Use an evidence-based approach to design training to meet a specific knowledge gap or requirement with a professional audience.
- Evaluate training using an industry model (such as the Kirkpatrick 4 Levels).
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Become an industry leader in teaching and training professional and executive adult learners
- Understand current theory relating to how people learn
- Build confidence in your delivery using a range of teaching, coaching, and facilitation techniques
- Design, develop and deliver best in industry, high impact and engaging training and development programmes