High Performing and Effective Boards Programme is designed to help you appraise how effectively your Board is operating, and equip you with further tools, knowledge and perspective to ensure the Board is not just running independently on a monthly basis, but is ALSO aligned to how the business should be operating. The course will focus on 3 key recurring questions:
- What is your board DOING and THINKING right now?
- What does your Board NEED TO BE DOING going forward?
- How can you add REAL VALUE to the time you spend as a Board?
Building a future-poof board with members who understand how to deal with a post COVID world economy has never been more important. The world in which we live and work has changed dramatically, so it is paramount to ensure you and your board are the best they can be, and equipped with the skills needed to become a resilient, proactive and professional group to steer the company to a brighter future.
The High Performing and Effective Boards Programme offers seasoned Directors the rare opportunity to step back, reflect and rethink their approach to building and leading high performing boards to meet organisational needs nationally and globally.
This programme has been designed to invest “C” level executives with high-level strategic expertise and awareness of their personal impact. Participants will be empowered to lead their organisation confidently, dynamically and effectively in a fast-changing environment.
Who the course is for?
High Performing and Effective Boards Programme is aimed at current board executives or non-executives. It is also aimed at those looking to become a Statutory Director and who want to know how an effective Board should operate.
The course will arm delegates with the knowledge, perspective and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively leading an effective Board.
Learning outcomes of the course will include:
- An understanding of 10 not so obvious Board tips that most businesses simply overlook/don’t do.
- An appreciation for the need for diversity of thought and how you can easily and effectively achieve this.
- An understanding of good corporate governance and how these requirements have changed in recent times.
- An understanding of the Managing Director’s position alongside and compared to the aims and objectives of the Board.
- An ability to develop and maintain dialogue between not just Shareholders and the Board, but ALL stakeholders and the Board.
- The ability to assist the Board in understanding risk and the key mitigants to risk.
- An appreciation of how the structure of Board meetings can be changed to ensure that 80% of meeting time is spent looking forwards and not procrastinating about what has happened.
- An understanding of how a board can pro-actively operate between formal meetings, to keep a rhythm and momentum.
- The ability to create a bespoke roadmap for the next 12 months for the development of your own board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This programme has been designed specifically experienced Directors and senior leaders responsible for leading and driving their businesses.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
This course is for you if you want to:
- become a seasoned and experienced board director.
- optimize personal, board and organisational performance.
- grow and develop you and your board.
- build and lead a high performing board.