Our ‘Progressive Board Leadership Programme’ offers seasoned directors the rare opportunity to step back, reflect and rethink their approach to building and leading high-performing boards to meet the needs of their organisation, both nationally and globally.
This programme has been designed to invest C-level executives with high-level strategic expertise and awareness of their personal impact. Participants will be empowered to lead their organisation confidently, dynamically and effectively in a fast-changing environment. The course provides participants with a takeaway ‘tool box’ consisting of white paper documents that are invaluable.
• A business valuation template
• A funding strategy guide
• A due diligence check list
• A media management guide
• A risk management matrix
• A business continuity policy
• And lots and lots more
What’s more, it is led by corporate financier, award winning director and renowned ‘deal-maker’ Jo Haigh, who promises to help get the best out of ambitious executives.
The course explores:
• Board composition, competencies, development and growth.
• Board function, structure, reporting and meetings.
• Crisis and risk management – developing communications plans (including media relations, social media strategy and internal staff messaging), risk register and mitigation measures.
• Problem-solving techniques to manage and harness conflict in the board to the advantage of the company.
• Reading in forensic-level detail, and interpreting financial statements.
• Business valuations, and how a deal process works.
Please see agenda for full details.
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed specifically for those with significant experience operating at board level and in C-level executive roles.
In Professional Development offer two delivery methods, online and face to face classes. Our virtual delivery is designed to create the optimum learning experience for the virtual environment.
We also offer face to face courses based both in London and Manchester.
The course will enhance participants’ board-level capacity and capability, and equip them with the additional knowledge and practical skills needed to develop and proactively drive a successful organisation.
- Evaluating and defining a strategic direction.
- Enhancing leadership and strategic decision-making skills.
- Establishing and achieving corporate goals.
- Ethics and integrity: learning about the importance of setting the tone at the top.
- Assess, evaluate and get the best from the board.
- The difference between an effective board and a high-performing board.
- Holding people to account.
- Understanding, managing, and taking risks.
- Leading through a crisis, including media relations management.
- Staying abreast of the changing landscape of shareholder engagement and value.
- Take an investigative approach to financial statements.
- Getting to the “financial truth” about the business.
- Raising finance in a post COVID-19 economy.
- Being able to self-assess: where are you most/least prepared?
- Establishing legitimacy as the leader.
- The art of delegation.
Request a Callback
Fill in the below form and a member of our team will give you a callback you as soon as possible.
Who should attend?
This programme has been designed specifically for those responsible for leading and driving their businesses. Those who typically attend include; C-suite executives and seasoned board directors with significant experience of multiple board level positions.
I don’t have a degree, am I eligible for a place on this course?
There are no prerequisites for any of our courses, however, we do recommend a minimum of five years’ experience in a board or senior leadership position for this programme.
Will I achieve a Degree or Masters at the end of my course?
If you take our Programme on an accredited basis, you will receive a PGCert, which contributes 60 points towards a Masters, and there are 180 points required for a full Masters.
You can find out more about our accreditations on our Qualifications page.
I recently attended your Progressive Board Leadership Programme and would like to book my colleagues on – do you offer discounts for group bookings?
If you have a group of 7 people or more within your organisation that require training we can come to you!
All of our courses can be delivered at a location and date of your choosing. We can also tailor any of our programmes to exactly suit your particular objectives and requirements, ensuring industry relevance and maximum impact for your business.
Our in-house training provides a convenient, cost and time effective solution for groups of people within the same organisation. If you’d like to talk more about group bookings please get in touch.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
This course is for you if you want to:
- Be a seasoned and experienced board director or driven to be a high performing C-level executive.
- Build a diverse board that will grow and develop to the company’s needs.
- Be involved with mergers and acquisitions, investing or the buying and selling of businesses.
- Read and understand accounts like an investigatory journalist would.
- Build a resilient, high-performing, and world-class board.