A 1 day course held a venues across the UK.
This Essential Guide to Leadership course will introduce a range of leadership approaches and theories and will focus on the application of these in the organisation to deliver improved performance. We will identify the challenges to new and developing leaders and develop their decision-making by offering new options and approaches based on sound and proven theories.
The programme will adopt a pragmatic approach, focusing on individual needs, and allowing time to discuss approaches and to apply the learning in a supportive and safe environment.
This course is one of our Essential Business Toolkit Series. The course can be taken on its own or as part of the series. By attending this course, you will gain invaluable insights from industry experts in to new ways of working, innovative concepts and the latest theories that can be applied instantly on returning to your own organisation.
No upcoming courses available.
Through interactive presentations and open discussion, the facilitators will deliver a thought-provoking session, providing you with the key information, details and facts needed in an engaging and memorable environment:
On completion of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the differences between leadership and management
- Recognise the tension between managing and leading, and how to adapt appropriate behaviours
- Be able to identify their priorities, and utilise their time effectively
- Identify the key facets of emotional intelligence using the Goleman model
- Select appropriate leadership approaches in line with different situations and individuals
- Use appropriate approaches to maintain the motivation of their teams
- Better utilise the strengths that individuals bring to their team-working
- Analyse team development opportunities and lead these teams more effectively
Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It's about keeping your team focused, on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high, and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others' success, and then standing back and letting them shine