A 2 day course held at venues across the UK.
The Company Secretary is the Chief Administrative Officer of the company and shares various responsibilities with the Directors under the Companies Act. Private companies are no longer obliged to appoint a company secretary although most continue to do so. This is because the associated duties/requirements remain (i.e. if there is no Company Secretary then Directors must understand and fulfil responsibilities).
The Company Secretary holds a strategic position of considerable influence at the heart of an organisation’s governance. It is in everyone's interest to ensure the Company Secretary is the right person for the job, understands what’s involved and gets adequate support in their role.
This ‘Role of the Company Secretary’ course is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge to carry out this critical and complex position. Through attendance, you will learn how to engage with the wider corporate aims of your organisation, ensuring the outcomes you produce and deliver are aligned to the broader organisational goal.
No upcoming courses available.
Attendance on this course will provide you with professional guidance and advice on how to achieve the right level of compliance and risk management indispensable to an organisation aiming to be effective and efficient. It will provide you with the skills and confidence required to work as a Company Secretary. This course allows you to enhance your skills and prove to your employer and senior team that you’re able to carry out your duties to the highest standards:
On successful completion of the course, delegates will understand:
- The basics of company law and governance
- The legal and other responsibilities and duties of a Company Secretary, and how they are changing
- What a Company Secretary should know, the questions they should ask and what to do when problems arise
- How to influence colleagues at the highest levels, with effective communicating and negotiating necessary solutions
- How to support your Board’s strategy and drive the business performance agenda
- How to identify the deployment of power, and understand and influence Boardroom behaviour
- Recognising Board dynamics, developing relationships across the Board, and engaging stakeholders
- Improving your confidence and ability to operate in the Boardroom setting and executive level environments
- The importance of strong attention to detail and writing clearly and concisely
- Taking in and processing large amounts of information
- The importance of being trustworthy and keeping information confidential as required
- Setting priorities, managing your role / career to meet organisational needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
Request a Callback
Fill in the below form and a member of our team will give you a callback you as soon as possible.
In association with
I found different areas of the course fantastic! The skills and knowledge I gained will really help me once i'm back in my role... Steve was great, he adapted his teaching styles to match the needs of the group.