A 2 day course held at venues across the UK.
The main role of an Executive Personal Assistant (PA) is to provide support and guidance to a senior executive or company director. Essentially, you help to run their life.
The role of the Executive PA has evolved and is now ever more critical to ensuring effective leadership and helping to drive and deliver on-going business improvements. So ensuring they have the required knowledge base and skillset has become increasingly important.
The aim of the ‘Role of the Executive PA’ course is to equip you with the tools and knowledge to perform this responsible role effectively and efficiently. You will learn how to engage with the wider corporate aims of the organisation, ensuring the outcomes you produce and deliver are aligned to that of the broader organisational goal.
A PA manages every aspect of an Executive’s day, from scheduling meetings and booking appointments, through to answering their phone and organising their correspondence. Other duties of an Executive PA include the following:
- taking minutes
- arranging transportation, and other necessary logistics
- running professional and personal errands
- liaising with clients
- managing expenses
No upcoming courses available.
Attendance on the ‘Role of the Executive PA’ will help you become an effective and efficient Executive PA. It will provide you with the skills and confidence required to work at the top in this role. This course allows you to enhance your skills and prove to employers, recruiters or your senior team that you are able to fulfil your duties to the highest standards:
On successful completion of the course, delegates’ learning outcomes will include:
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive and providing effective support
- Setting priorities, managing your role / career to meet executives’ needs
- Gaining a greater understanding of the executive mindset and corporate objectives
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Developing relationships throughout the organisation
- The importance of emotional intelligence at work
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication and negotiating skills
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Obtaining an enhanced ability to influence others
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Introduction to Management theory and styles of management
- Understanding the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of process and project management
- Working with key functions such as Finance and Human Resources
- The roles and responsibilities of an Executive PA:
- business letter writing
- document presentation and proofreading
- taking a lead role in meetings
- taking minutes effectively and efficiently
- project management
- budget management
The atmosphere was amazing! The opportunity to work with like minded people was welcomed, it gave me a chance to gain a deeper insight into other industries, hear some of their ideas and build plans & ideas to take back to my role.
Executive Assistant to CEO Office Manager