A 2 day course held at venues across the UK.
The Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy. They are expected to analyse financial information and implement recommendations based on their findings, achieving the most profitable and positive outcomes. Their broad and commercial expertise means they are often called upon for wider strategic matters and play a pivotal role in the leadership of the business.
The daily challenges faced by Finance Directors are continually changing and becoming more demanding. A protector of finances and central to organisational strategies, the Finance Director is a central player at Board level and across the whole organisation.
The ‘Role of the Finance Director’ is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge to carry out this important and challenging position effectively and efficiently. Through attendance, you will learn how to engage with the wider corporate aims of your organisation, ensuring that linked financial strategies are aligned to those aims.
No upcoming courses available.
Attendance on the ‘Role of the Finance Director’ course will help you become a Future Leader. It will arm delegates with the knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively financially leading and managing a successful organisation.
On successful completion of the module, delegates will understand:
- the essential elements of a financial strategy
- the benefits of leading from the front and how to extract genuine value from your team
- creating value and organisational growth through insight
- how to plan, develop and execute successful financial plans
- controlling the purchasing decision process and how to protect it.
Learning outcomes of the course will also include:
- How to form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other senior executives and non-executives
- How to provide leadership of the Board’s finance and accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- An understanding of how to take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- How to contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business
- How to challenge assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
- An ability to provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- An ability to ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- How to lead and develop finance teams
- How to work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
- An ability to ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed
- How to take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- How to present annual accounts to investors/shareholders
- How to ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Corporate finance knowledge: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Knowledge of how to establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Request a Callback
Fill in the below form and a member of our team will give you a callback you as soon as possible.
This course has provided me with the substantial knowledge needed to allow me to increase my effectiveness within the organisation. Stewart made the course really 'easy' for the delegates and was able to give real life examples to demonstrate what is happening in the financial world.
Deputy Chief Executive