The Role of the Managing Director course is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge to carry out this crucial and complicated position. Through attendance, you will be taught how to engage with the wider corporate aims of the organisation, ensuring that the linked marketing strategies are aligned to that of the broader piece.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director (MD) to design, develop and implement the strategic plan of their company as well as lead its day-to-day running in the most cost effective and time efficient manner. This course will cover the key skill set of the Managing Director, from visionary leadership and the ability to motivate a workforce, to planning and forecasting, and developing strong financial acumen; allowing you to become a more effective Director.
Who is this programme for?
The Role of the Managing Director course is aimed towards newly appointed Managing Directors, those aspiring to the role, or those looking to improve their performance with fresh insight from leading professionals. It is also appropriate for those who are currently operating at a different function across their organisation, and are contemplating a Managing Director role in the future. The Role of the Managing Director has been designed for executives, managers, and senior stakeholders from across the public, private and not for profit sectors.
Attendance at the Role of the Managing Director course will help you become a future leader. It will arm delegates with the knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively leading and managing a successful organisation.
Learning outcomes of the course will include:
- Development and implementation of the company’s strategy.
- Leading and motivating a successful organisation.
- Effectively managing change at any given time.
- Understanding the Managing Director’s position alongside and compared to the aims and objectives of the Board.
- Successfully implementing company policy
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Assuming full accountability for the Board for all company operations
- Maintaining a dialogue between Shareholders and the Board
- Staying in control of the company’s finances.
- Understand good corporate governance
- Separating the roles of the Chair and the Managing Director.
- Understanding the challenges of managing the strategic and operational responsibilities
Request a Callback
Fill in the below form and a member of our team will give you a callback you as soon as possible.
Who is this programme for?
The role of the managing director training course is aimed at aspiring, newly appointed and established Directors, senior managers and executives. This course can be used by established Directors as a way of improving their current knowledge and performance within the organisation.
What are the main benefits of attending the role of the Managing Director course?
This course has been designed to develop your strategic understanding of the MD’s role within your organisation. Focusing on strategy setting, communication, leadership, governance, performance management and innovation.
If you would like more information please contact our education team.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Learn to develop and implement a company strategy
- Lead and motivate a successful organisation
- Learn how to manage change
- Learn how to build and maintain an effective management team
- Stay in control of the company’s finance
The whole process was streamlined! I had fantastic pre-course communications and whilst I was on the course. The biggest positive was the people at the course and tutors. We were all able to interact & discuss real problems.