A 2 day module held at venues across the UK.
The Role of the Managing Director course is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge to carry out this crucial and complicated position. Through attendance, you will be taught how to engage with the wider corporate aims of the organisation, ensuring that the linked marketing strategies are aligned to that of the broader piece.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director (MD) to design, develop and implement the strategic plan of their company as well as lead its day-to-day running in the most cost effective and time efficient manner. This course will cover the key skill set of the Managing Director, from visionary leadership and the ability to motivate a workforce, to planning and forecasting, and developing strong financial acumen; allowing you to become a more effective Director.
Who is this programme for?
The Role of the Managing Director course is aimed towards newly appointed Managing Directors, those aspiring to the role, or those looking to improve their performance with fresh insight from leading professionals. It is also appropriate for those who are currently operating at a different function across their organisation, and are contemplating a Managing Director role in the future. The Role of the Managing Director has been designed for executives, managers, and senior stakeholders from across the public, private and not for profit sectors.
Manchester - Jan 16th, 2020 - Jan 17th, 2020
10 places remaining
No upcoming courses available.
Attendance at the Role of the Managing Director course will help you become a future leader. It will arm delegates with the knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively leading and managing a successful organisation.
Learning outcomes of the course will include:
- Development and implementation of the company’s strategy.
- Leading and motivating a successful organisation.
- Effectively managing change at any given time.
- Understanding the Managing Director’s position alongside and compared to the aims and objectives of the Board.
- Successfully implementing company policy
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Assuming full accountability for the Board for all company operations
- Maintaining a dialogue between Shareholders and the Board
- Staying in control of the company’s finances.
- Understand good corporate governance
- Separating the roles of the Chair and the Managing Director.
- Understanding the challenges of managing the strategic and operational responsibilities
In association with
The whole process was streamlined! I had fantastic pre-course communications and whilst I was on the course. The biggest positive was the people at the course and tutors. We were all able to interact & discuss real problems.