The Trustee Development in Multi Academy Trusts Programme provides the essential framework necessary to better understand all strategic aspects of leading within a Multi Academy Trust. This intensive 5 day programme will help participants to differentiate between the operational and strategic responsibilities of leadership and develop core professional skills to direct significant decisions within a complex and fast changing landscape.
Leaders of Multi Academy Trusts need to ensure that their stewardship and governance should focus on improving education standards. This requires leaders to have the right skill sets combined with the right mindset. It requires the ability to upskill and upscale the infrastructure, mindset, processes and systems of the Trust. Participants on this programme, whether educationalists or governors, will be able to develop a Trust Growth Plan focused on School Improvement and better outcomes for children whilst adhering to statutory responsibilities.
During the programme, you will gain:
- A firm grounding in business and charity governance, and current education policy.
- A comprehensive understanding of information, data and key business concepts required to inform strategic decisions on the Trust Board and improve school outcomes.
- An increased ability to think critically and act strategically, and to differentiate strategy from operational work.
- A framework for coaching and facilitating teams towards making better strategic business decisions to drive school improvement.
- An increased confidence in your ability to communicate effectively and influence different personality types to improve the learning environment.
- A solid platform on which to make strategic, technical, financial and management decisions that are reliable, well-grounded and commercially viable to drive as much resource as possible towards Teaching & Learning.
There are currently no dates available for this course.
However, we can tailor this course to your company via the virtual classroom or at a location of your choice.
Contact us and we'll get in touch to discuss your bespoke group training needs.
No upcoming courses available.
Attendees of this programme will be well equipped to:
- Develop a framework for conducting robust Due Diligence and an increased understanding of how to drive and deliver robust Trust growth.
- Think and perform strategically versus operationally and develop coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation
- Detailed knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of Trustees, Directors and Governors including legal obligations, personal liabilities and expected duties and how these relate to your role in your Multi Academy Trust
- Build crucial commercial, operational and leadership skills and knowledge as a cohesive team
- Improved confidence and effectiveness operating at Board level management
- Knowledge of the latest governance and board level best practice and principles
- Development of the personal key skills to be more effective and influential at senior and board level to improve Trust performance.
- Make improved and better-informed decisions, viewing challenges more objectively and deliver better results and improving learning outcomes across schools in the MAT.
- An ability to lead and plan more strategically, identifying threats and exploiting new opportunities
- Confidently interrogate financial data and challenge financial reports to make balanced, informed Board level decisions based on a deep understanding of financial data
- Develop strategies and approaches for the effective management of stakeholders at Board level.
Request a Callback
Fill in the below form and a member of our team will give you a callback you as soon as possible.
This course is for you if you want to:
- Learn about business and charity governance, and current education policy.
- Make informed strategic decisions on the Trust Board to improve school outcomes.
- Think critically and act strategically, and to differentiate strategy from operational work.
- Communicate effectively and influence different personality types to improve the learning environment.
The course provided an all-round enriching experience. For me the biggest positive was the chance to step out of the workplace and reflect on my leadership style. I feel confident that I will become a stronger leader as a result of this course.
Head of Department