Building a future-proof board with members, who understand how to deal with a post COVID world economy has never been more important. The world in which we live, and work has changed dramatically, so it is paramount to ensure that you and your board are equipped with the skills needed to become a resilient, proactive and professional group to steer the company to a brighter future.
The World Class Boards Programme offers seasoned directors the rare opportunity to step back, reflect and rethink their approach to building and leading high performing boards to meet organisational needs nationally and globally.
This programme has been designed to invest “C” level executives with high-level strategic expertise and awareness of their personal impact. Participants will be empowered to lead their organisation confidently, dynamically and effectively in a fast-changing environment.
The course explores:
• Board composition, competencies, development and growth.
• Board function, structure, reporting and meetings.
• Crisis and risk management – developing communication plan, risk register and mitigation measures.
• Problem-solving techniques to manage and harness conflict in the board to the advantage of the company.
• Forensic reading and interpreting financial statements.
• Business valuations, deal structures and brokering deals.
Please see agenda for full details.
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed specifically for those with significant experience operating at board level and in C- suite executive roles.
Attendance will enhance your board level capacity and capability.
The programme will equip participants with the additional knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively driving a successful organisation.
- Evaluating and defining a strategic direction.
- Enhancing your leadership and strategic decision-making skills.
- Establishing and achieving corporate goals.
- Ethics and integrity: learning about the importance of setting the tone at the top.
- Assess, evaluate and get the best from your board.
- The difference between an effective board and a high performing board.
- Holding people to account.
- Understanding, managing, and taking risks.
- Leading through a crisis and media management.
- Staying abreast of the changing landscape of shareholder engagement and value.
- Take an investigative approach to financial statements.
- Getting to the financial truth about your business.
- Raising finance in a post COVID-19 economy.
- Being able to self-assess: where are you most/least prepared?..
- Establishing legitimacy as the leader.
- The art of delegation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This programme has been designed specifically for those responsible for leading and driving their businesses. Those who typically attend include; C-suite executives and seasoned board directors with significant experience of multiple board level positions.
I don’t have a degree, am I eligible for a place on this course?
There are no prerequisites for any of our courses, however, we do recommend a minimum of five years’ experience in a board or senior leadership position for this programme.
Will I achieve a Degree or Masters at the end of my course?
If you take our Programme on an accredited basis, you will receive a PGCert, which contributes 60 points towards a Masters, and there are 180 points required for a full Masters.
You can find out more about our accreditations on our Qualifications page.
I recently attended your World Class Boards Programme and would like to book my colleagues on – do you offer discounts for group bookings?
If you have a group of 7 people or more within your organisation that require training we can come to you!
All of our courses can be delivered at a location and date of your choosing. We can also tailor any of our programmes to exactly suit your particular objectives and requirements, ensuring industry relevance and maximum impact for your business.
Our in-house training provides a convenient, cost and time effective solution for groups of people within the same organisation. If you’d like to talk more about group bookings please get in touch.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
This course is for you if you want to:
- Be a seasoned and experienced board director or driven to be a high performing C-level executive.
- Build a diverse board that will grow and develop to the company’s needs.
- Be involved with MA, investing or the buying and selling of businesses.
- Read and understand accounts like an investigatory journalist.
- Build a resilient, high performing world class board.