Data Protection and Privacy for In Professional Development Limited
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we (In Professional Development Limited) collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is In Professional Development limited, Suite 6A, Blackthorn House, Appley Bridge, Greater Manchester, WN6 9DB.
Personal information we may collect
We only collect identifiable personal data or information that is voluntarily provided by a visitor to our site. For example, a visitor to our site may choose to provide personal information in order to contact us for further information, join our mailing list, sign up for our membership or register for a course or event.
We may collect the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, completing our events/training course booking or via email enquiries. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services or registering for a course. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you enter into with us either through or in connection with our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our site services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small data files which most website operators place on the browser or hard drive of their user’s computer. Cookies may gather information about the user’s use of the website or enable the website to recognise the user as an existing customer when he returns to the website at a later date. More recently, cookies have also been used to collect information about the user which allows the website operator or a third party to create a profile of the user, his preferences and his interests for the purpose of serving the user with targeted, interest-based advertising.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we may use your data
We use this information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
- If you are a client, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject is relevant to the services provided to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us by email, email@example.com with the subject line “Data Protection”.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Data Protection”.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Why Choose INPD
In Professional Development provides accredited leadership and management courses, transforming the learning of professionals across every sector.
From your first contact with us, we will help you tailor the precise training you or your company needs.
That’s the INPD way.
Benefits of using INPD
- Our courses and programmes are delivered face-to-face in modern, convenient locations and can also be delivered in house on your premises
- Receive maximum return on your training and development investment
- Get involved in high-quality, content-driven events and programmes that enable specialist communities to meet, connect, network and share knowledge