A 1 day masterclass held at venues across the UK, this course is one of our Essential Business Toolkit Series.
This course serves as an introduction to the exciting field of cybersecurity.
As our daily lives become more and more dependent on Internet-based tools and services, and as those platforms accumulate more of our most sensitive data, the demand grows for knowledge in the field of cybersecurity, especially for those with a non-IT background.
Our lives depend on online services. It is essential that we all acquire cyber security knowledge and skills, to help protect our digital life. We shop online. We work online. We play online. We live online. As our lives increasingly depend on digital services, the need to protect our information from being maliciously disrupted or misused, is really important, both for us as individuals, and equally, for the organisations and businesses that we work in.
No upcoming dates available, please get in touch.
You may also be interested in:
Become an in>The Know Member
Join us today to receive exclusive content and discounts straight to your inbox!
Through interactive presentations and open discussion, the facilitators will deliver a thought-provoking session, providing you with the key information, details and facts needed in an engaging and memorable environment: By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain basic cyber security terminology; have skills for keeping up to date on cyber security issues; and be able to identify information assets;
- Describe basic authentication mechanisms; have skills to improve their password security; and be aware of alternative authentication methods;
- Identify main malware types; awareness of different malware propagation methods; and skills for preventing malware infections;
- Explain basic networking concepts; be aware of network security challenges; and have knowledge of key networking standards;
- Describe cryptography terminology; be able to use cryptography for email; be aware of applications of cryptography;
- Demonstrate understanding of firewalls, virtual private networks and network intrusion detection and prevention technologies;
- Describe legal and regulatory issues relating to cyber security; and understand how to recover from security failures.;
- Apply basic risk analysis and management techniques.