Jul 15th, 2019 - Jul 16th, 2019
4 places remaining
In collaboration with
Find out more
The tutor was very engaging and knowledgeable. This was a really useful course that will directly impact my practice at work
Marketing Director - Blackpool and Fylde College
A 2 day module held at venues across the UK, this course reflects current practice in Leadership and management. Candidates will develop and expand their understanding and reflection on how these can be developed in an emerging digital and global economy. Participants can expect to engage in a range of group and individual workshop activities where role play, scenario setting, thought leadership activity and didactic learning will take place.
The taught elements of the course will include an overview of the following areas, to provide scope in the application of the tools and thinking together with core competencies and theoretical perspectives:
- Self-awareness in leadership
- Developing an inquisitive mind-set
- Managing performance and measuring progress
- Influencing a positive culture in the workplace
- Managing diverse inter-dependent teams
- Developing resilience in the workforce
- Thought leadership
- Team coaching
This module is one of five modules, which together make up the full Directors Development Programme. The module can be taken on its own or as part of the full programme. By attending this course, you will gain invaluable insights from industry experts in to new ways of working, innovative concepts and the latest theories that can be applied instantly on returning to your own organisation.
Part-funded places are available for public sector, 3rd sector, charities, eligible SMEs and self-funders. Please enquire directly for further details.
What is included in the course?
Delegate pack consisting of course notes and exercises, experienced and industry expert tutors and refreshments.
Dec 18th, 2019 - Dec 19th, 2019
From £1,250 +VAT
You may also be interested in:
Become an in>The Know Member
Join us today to receive exclusive content and discounts straight to your inbox!
On completion of this module, delegates will:
- A clear understanding of the Board and Director’s role in overall leadership and effective management of the organisation
- Understand the concept of strong leadership and the different approaches to leadership.
- Have developed an understanding of the differences and conditions of strategic leadership
- Greater confidence in applying strategic leadership and management skills and competencies
- Have developed the required skills and increased awareness for what is expected to successfully manage teams that operate in the emerging digital and global economy.
- An understanding of relevant and practical leadership and management tools and techniques to use in the workplace
- An ability to build, develop and inspire resilience in to the workforce
- Be better placed to reflect and improve their own leadership and management skills
- Understand how to inspire, influence and build high performing effective teams
- Have gained the skills necessary to lead and to evaluate their impact on the organisation.
- Be able to deploy a range of effective management techniques and tools
- Have improved problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Have increased confidence to challenge and influence board level decisions and company direction
- Have coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation