Aug 19th, 2019 - Aug 20th, 2019
6 places remaining
In collaboration with
Find out more
I thoroughly recommend this course to both individuals who have had leadership or management training in the past and to those who haven't. It was really beneficial to re-visit theory in a new role
Group Manager - Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service
A 2 day module held at venues across the UK, this course reflects current practice in the Directors’ role in strategy and allows delegates to develop and expand their understanding in the application of strategic deployment in the workplace. Delegates will engage in a range of group and individual workshop activities where role play, scenario setting, thought leadership activity and didactic learning will take place.
The taught elements will include an overview of the following areas to provide scope in the application of the tools and thinking together with core competencies and theoretical perspectives:
- Understanding differences in strategic and operational thinking;
- Strategic business planning concepts;
- Designing and managing a process for success;
- Defining the environment and influential factors;
- Reviewing a range of theories to inform best practice.
This module is one of five modules, which together make up the full ITL Directors Development Programme. The module can be taken on its own or as part of the full programme. By attending this course, you will gain invaluable insights from industry experts into new ways of working, innovative concepts and the latest theories that can be applied instantly on returning to your own organisation.
Part-funded places are available for public sector, 3rd sector, charities, eligible SMEs and self-funders. Please enquire directly for further details.
What is included in the course?
Delegate pack consisting of course notes and exercises, experienced and industry expert tutors and refreshments.
You may also be interested in:
Become an in>The Know Member
Join us today to receive exclusive content and discounts straight to your inbox!
- A clear understanding of the Board’s and Director’s role in strategy development;
- Develop critical thinking skills required to successfully develop and implement a coherent and effective organisational strategy;
- Understand how an effective Board and senior leadership team creates, implements and manages organisational strategy;
- An understanding of the key elements of effective design, planning, research and stakeholder engagement;
- Articulate the importance of a well-developed strategy with clear vision, objectives and values;
- Be able to deploy a range of techniques and tools for effective strategic thinking;
- Improved problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
- An understanding of the range of tools and techniques in the delivery of a strategic plan;
- Be well equipped to assess the strategic landscape, analysing the key strategic considerations both internally and externally to the organisation;
- Recognition of where gaps in strategy exist, the risks and the best way to respond;
- Develop and review strategic options and undertake situation and risk appraisal;
- Increased confidence to challenge and influence board level decisions and company direction;
- Coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation;