May 7th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019
8 places remaining
In collaboration with
Find out more
A 2 day module held at venues across the UK.
Directors and Boards are faced with ever increasing demands and complex challenges. To drive an organisation forward successfully, it is crucial for Boards and Directors to be well equipped to provide the essential governance and guidance required. The role and responsibilities of Boards and Directors is constantly changing and are often misunderstood, significantly impacting effectiveness and raising governance issues. Directors more than ever need to have a detailed understanding of the Board’s role and their own responsibilities in corporate governance and risk management along with clarity regarding legal obligations and their own personal duties.
Part-funded places are available for public sector, 3rd sector, charities, eligible SMEs and self-funders. Please enquire directly for further details.
What is included in the course?
Delegate pack consisting of course notes and exercises, experienced and industry expert tutors and refreshments.
Oct 7th, 2019 - Oct 8th, 2019
From £1,250 +VAT
You may also be interested in:
Become an in>The Know Member
Join us today to receive exclusive content and discounts straight to your inbox!
- Understanding of the duties, roles and legal obligations of the Director and the Board;
- An understanding of Board structure and how it should operate to be effective;
- An in depth understanding of the Company Act 2006 and its implications for businesses, along with the legal and regulatory environment businesses must operate;
- A deep insight in to corporate governance and how it influences the responsibilities, accountabilities and activities of the Board;
- Understand how to think strategically versus operationally;
- Understand how to identify good governance and interpret assess and manage corporate risk;
- Ability to identify best practice in the boardroom;
- Improve personal and Boardroom effectiveness;
- Develop strategies and approaches for the effective management of stakeholders at Board level;
- Recognition of the importance and influence corporate values have in the development of a successful. responsible and ethical business;
- Increased confidence to challenge and influence Board level decisions and company direction
- Coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation;
- Identify and understand the crucial differences between direction, management and ownership.