Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It's about keeping your team focused, on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high, and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others' success, and then standing back and letting them shine
A 1 day course held a venues across the UK.
Leadership is an area of business that has been the focus of research for years, using many different approaches. The nature – nurture debate has continued to be the basis of wide-ranging research for those seeking how to develop leaders effectively.
As an introduction to leadership, there are a number of critical areas that an effective leader needs to develop, including a focus on Emotional Intelligence and improved leadership awareness. Recent developments suggest that rather than be a manager or a leader, there is a need to manage the leadership paradoxes, and to select the right approach as appropriate. This fluid approach to leadership is becoming more essential to our new and future leaders to respond to the needs of an ageing population, and new millennials in the workplace.
No upcoming dates available, please get in touch.
You may also be interested in:
Become an in>The Know Member
Join us today to receive exclusive content and discounts straight to your inbox!
Through interactive presentations and open discussion, the facilitators will deliver a thought-provoking session, providing you with the key information, details and facts needed in an engaging and memorable environment:
On completion of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the differences between leadership and management
- Recognise the tension between managing and leading, and how to adapt appropriate behaviours
- Be able to identify their priorities, and utilise their time effectively
- Identify the key facets of emotional intelligence using the Goleman model
- Select appropriate leadership approaches in line with different situations and individuals
- Use appropriate approaches to maintain the motivation of their teams
- Better utilise the strengths that individuals bring to their team-working
- Analyse team development opportunities and lead these teams more effectively