A 2 day course held at venues across the UK.
The Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy. They are expected to analyse financial information and implement recommendations based on their findings, achieving the most profitable and positive outcomes. Their broad and commercial expertise means they are often called upon for wider strategic matters and play a pivotal role in the leadership of the business.
A Finance Director requires excellent communication skills as they often manage and lead a team through difficult periods including month end, year-end and annual budgeting. In addition, they work with various departments, helping them plan and manage their budgets.
An effective Finance Director is critical to a business, particularly in periods of change and growth, as they coordinate corporate finances and manage company policies on capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, as appropriate.
No upcoming dates available, please get in touch.
You may also be interested in:
Become an in>The Know Member
Join us today to receive exclusive content and discounts straight to your inbox!
Attendance on the ‘Role of the Finance Director’ course will help you become a Future Leader. It will arm delegates with the knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively financially leading and managing a successful organisation.
On successful completion of the module, delegates will understand:
- the essential elements of a financial strategy
- the benefits of leading from the front and how to extract genuine value from your team
- creating value and organisational growth through insight
- how to plan, develop and execute successful financial plans
- controlling the purchasing decision process and how to protect it.
Learning outcomes of the course will also include:
- How to form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other senior executives and non-executives
- How to provide leadership of the Board’s finance and accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- An understanding of how to take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- How to contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business
- How to challenge assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
- An ability to provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- An ability to ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- How to lead and develop finance teams
- How to work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
- An ability to ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed
- How to take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- How to present annual accounts to investors/shareholders
- How to ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Corporate finance knowledge: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Knowledge of how to establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.