Working in collaboration with:
Introducing the Directors Development Programme
Planning time out of the office to focus on your personal development and stay up to date can be difficult. Yet the value and benefits can be immediate and exponential. The training and development of Directors and the Board is an essential investment for any organisation that intends to operate at its greatest effectiveness.
The Directors Development Programme (DDP) equips professionals with practical information and core competencies needed to be an effective Director. The DDP is an intense learning experience, highly applied and participative, designed for senior organisational leaders, business owners and aspiring Directors aiming to fast track their personal development. The programme can be studied both on a non-accredited and accredited basis through the CMI.
This well-structured programme provides an outstanding personal development opportunity for senior leaders. The Programme provides insight in to the role of the Director and the Board, leadership, corporate strategy, finance and crucially organisational governance. It offers the maximum personal and business benefit from a minimum investment.
Key Taught Elements
The programme consists of the following core elements delivered over 5 Modules:
- Understanding and applying the principles of good governance
- Boardroom characteristic, structure and behaviours
- Tools to increase personal and boardroom effectiveness
- The role and responsibilities of the board, Directors and non-executive Directors (NEDs)
- Developing the strategy and setting the vision, mission and values
- Corporate social responsibility
- Leadership and creating high performing teams
- Motivating and driving performance
- Improving decision making
- Understand the key differences between direction, management and ownership
- Financial management, models and decision making
- Communication skills
- Driving the organisation through clear and effective performance measures
Benefits of Attendees
By completing the Directors Development Programme you will:
- Gain detailed and comprehensive understanding of your role, responsibilities and legal obligations as a director in just 5 days.
- Explore your role as a leader and develop your ability to drive organisational performance
- Build your knowledge of financial methodologies, terms, concepts and strategies in one sort intense programme
- Learn how to build and contribute to effective Boards
- Evaluate and utilise the latest techniques, methods and processes for developing and implementing new business strategy, marketing and business plans.
- Be well equipped to protect your organisation through good governance principles and a clear understanding of risks, legal requirements and regulations.
What to expect…
Contemporary management ideas and techniques are fused with exemplary best practice from industry. The result is an innovative programme that encourages those in attendance to apply the very best in management thinking and leadership to live and demanding challenges in their organisational context. There is a strong focus on ‘action learning’, integrating theory with workplace practice, plus an innovative mix of group and individual learning experiences.
The Directors Development Programme is taught in small groups, not in large lecture theatres, offering a more personal style of teaching, tailored to participant needs. Our approach provides an enhanced and collaborative learning experience, using the real world challenges of participants to put concepts, principles and ideas in to practice.
We appreciate that your time is precious and costly so development programmes like our Directors Development Programme need to fit around you and your business. The programme has therefore been designed with the busy executive in mind giving participants the support they want and the way they want it.
Directors Development Programme – Full
The full DDP is a comprehensive and detailed development programme. Consisting of 5 modules, it is delivered over a period of 6 to 12 months. This approach gives participants complete flexibility around their busy working and personal lives. Attendees can choose dates from a rolling calendar of modules until they have completed the programme.
Directors Development Programme – Accelerator
Complete the Directors Development Programme Accelerator in just 5 days! This programme is an intense learning experience and benefits those who prefer to complete the course in a condensed and continuous format.
Directors Development Programme by Module: Pick & mix option
Not interested in all the aspects of the Directors Development Programme? Then simply pick and mix specific modules from the options available! You don’t have to complete the full programme, just register for the modules that interest you the most.
- Work experience: Minimum of 3- 5 years of senior management experience
- Academic qualifications: Undergraduate degree. Equivalent, relevant work experience also accepted.
- English language: Confident business English (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only).
You can attend the Directors Development Programme on an accredited basis and achieve a PGCert Strategic Leadership for Directors in Strategic Leadership and Management
Participants deciding to opt for the non-accredited route still benefit from the CPD points for attending the each module.
Chief Academic Advisor – Professor Ruth Ashford
Professor Ashford has more than 25 years’ experience in Higher Education management within post-92 Business Schools in the United Kingdom. She has previously served as Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean of the Faculty of Business and Law at Manchester Metropolitan University and Executive Dean of Business and Management at the University of Chester. As the former Chief Examiner of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) she was involved with the International launch of the CIM Student Chapter and CIM Professional syllabus. She served on the Quality Assurance Agency review panel for the UK benchmark standards in Business and Management for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Key areas of expertise include: strategic development for domestic and international programme growth; Business School restructuring; complexity and change management; curriculum development including apprenticeships and international franchises; leading School quinquennial reviews; professional body accreditation; recruitment/selection and mentoring senior academics; developing and designing school identities including visions, missions and communications strategies.
Learn these modules separately, or all in one go with our fast track 5 day DDP Accelerator course.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Detailed knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director including legal obligations, personal liabilities and expected duties and how these relate to your role in your business
- Ability to build crucial commercial, operational and leadership skills and knowledge
- Improved confidence and effectiveness operating at Board, C or D-level executive-level management
- Knowledge of the latest boardroom best practice and principles
- Development of the personal key skills to better influence the Board and deliver more effective outcomes;
- Improved and more informed decision making, viewing challenges more objectively and delivering better results
- An ability to lead and plan more strategically, identifying threats and exploiting new opportunities.
Why Choose in>pd
in>Professional Development provides accredited leadership and management courses, transforming the learning of professionals across every sector.
From your first contact with us, we will help you tailor the precise training you or your company needs.
That’s the in>pd way.
Benefits of using in>pd
- Our courses and programmes are delivered face-to-face in modern, convenient locations and can also be delivered in house on your premises
- Receive maximum return on your training and development investment
- Get involved in high-quality, content-driven events and programmes that enable specialist communities to meet, connect, network and share knowledge
Working with people from different organisations helped to realise skills are transferable and relevant in all areas
Registered Manager, Christchurch Court Ltd
I found this course extremely thought provoking. It challenged my mindset about work and leadership and what I should expect of myself before even trying to influence or lead others. It provides the tools to become a great or better leader and to see where someone could be going wrong. It also provided analysis tools for unpicking problems and situations and pin pointing the true source of a problem
School Business Manager
Each day has been excellent, informative, engaging and I am pleased to be able to confidently take away a number of tools to enhance me as a leader. The interactive nature was extremely useful
Operations Manager, Metasphere Ltd
The tutor adopts a subtly influential style to get the best out of the people around him. I've thoroughly enjoyed working with him this year. I would have no hesitation in recommending the course
Head of Retail Operational Communications, Lloyds Banking Group
The tutor has a natural ability to bring out key topics and allowed me to develop arguments that support good decisions. It was really enjoyable working with the tutor in this way and I would recommend the course wholeheartedly
Creative Media Systems
Great session. Helped me focus on prep for the future. Enjoyable course – has helped me adapt my approach
An amazing day. Very, very interesting. Excellent, very engaging and informative. Perfectly delivered
Overall an excellent course that I would recommend to colleagues. I liked the mix of delegates from public and private companies and I feel this mix added to the great debate we had both in and outside the classroom
Director of Nursing/Deputy Chief Executive - The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation
I can not praise this course enough. When asked at the beginning of the course what I most wanted to achieve from attending I stated growth for myself and tools to assist with growth for the company. This course achieved this with staggering results and so much more. I would recommend it to anyone
Head of Operations - Happy Futures
Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It's about keeping your team focused, on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high, and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others' success, and then standing back and letting them shine
The tutor was very engaging and knowledgeable. This was a really useful course that will directly impact my practice at work
Marketing Director - Blackpool and Fylde College
I thoroughly recommend this course to both individuals who have had leadership or management training in the past and to those who haven't. It was really beneficial to re-visit theory in a new role
Group Manager - Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service
I have worked in marketing, communications and public relations for over 27 years and on the course I learnt a lot that brought me right up to speed with modern marketing techniques, tips and advice. This course is a must for anyone just starting out or those with years of experience and needing a refresh
Marketing and Brand Specialist - InHealth Group Ltd
Just completed the three-day course and would highly recommend it to any of my connections who are in Management or are thinking about taking the next steps up the ladder in their careers
National Sales Manager at Norsk Hydro
I self-funded to go on the course because I wanted to widen my management and leadership skill base. The course gave me clarity as a leader to think about what we need to do and gave me the ideas, skills, tools, resources and confidence to achieve it. I now approach things more strategically and my team are responding really positively to the new techniques I’m able to apply. Value for money wise, I would say 10 out of 10
Principal Dietitian for Neurosciences