Introducing the Trustee Development in Multi Academy Trusts Programme.
Since 2002, the academy programme has been a central part of the education system and of successive governments’ plans for raising educational standards. Early successes in turning around failing schools resulted in the 2010 Academies Act. This renewed commitment to the academy programme changed the face of the education sector dramatically. The Act paved the way for converter academies, allowing schools to voluntarily become academies and step away from Local Authority control.
The changing landscape has dramatically changed the governance and leadership within the education sector and the rise of the Multi Academy Trust. The growth of Multi-Academy Trusts
(MATs) and changes to how performance is being measured means that schools are increasingly looking at converting to academy status with most of them forming, or joining, multi-academy trusts.
It is easy to think of a MAT as simply a ‘collaborative’ of schools. However, this understates the legal status of what a MAT is. In a MAT, it is the trust itself that is the legal entity, and not the schools, giving them the responsibility for the governance and accountability for the performance of each school in the group.
For leaders, having responsibility for multiple schools means a significant shift in terms of approach, strategy and the skills required to meet the challenges. It is crucial that senior educational leaders are equipped with the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to lead and grow a successful Multi Academy Trust.
The Trustee Development in Multi Academy Trusts Programme provides the essential framework necessary to better understand all strategic aspects of leading within a Multi Academy Trust.
This intensive programme will help participants to differentiate between the operational and strategic responsibilities of leadership and develop core professional skills to direct significant decisions within a complex and fast changing landscape.
Leaders of Multi Academy Trusts need to ensure that their stewardship and governance should focus on improving education standards. This requires leaders to have the right skill sets combined with the right mindset. It requires the ability to upskill and upscale the infrastructure, mindset, processes and systems of the Trust. Participants on this programme, whether educationalists or governors, will be able to develop a Trust Growth Plan focused on School Improvement and better outcomes for children whilst adhering to statutory responsibilities.
We appreciate that your time is precious and costly so development programmes like our Multi Academy Trusts Programme need to fit around you and your academy. The programme has therefore been designed with the busy executive in mind giving participants the support they want and the way they want it.
The programme is available as an intensive 5 day accelerator course, or as 6 x 1 day modules:
- Module one: MAT’s as Civic Structures and the Mindset required
- Module two: Strategic Leadership for Trustees
- Module three: Strategic Planning for Trustees
- Module four: Stakeholder Engagement, Marketing and PR Communications
- Module five: Finance for non-Finance Trustees
- Module six: The Trustees role in Governance, Due Diligence and the Board
You can attend the Multi Academy Trusts Programme on an accredited basis and achieve a PGCert in Strategic Leadership for Educational Leaders.
If participants wish to gain the qualification, they will be required to complete 3 assignments, focussing on Leadership, Finance, and Strategic Marketing.
Attendees of this programme will be well equipped to:
- Develop a framework for conducting robust Due Diligence and an increased understanding of how to drive and deliver robust Trust growth.
- Think and perform strategically versus operationally and develop coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation
- Detailed knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of Trustees, Directors and Governors including legal obligations, personal liabilities and expected duties and how these relate to your role in your Multi Academy Trust
- Build crucial commercial, operational and leadership skills and knowledge as a cohesive team
- Improved confidence and effectiveness operating at Board level management
- Knowledge of the latest governance and board level best practice and principles
- Development of the personal key skills to be more effective and influential at senior and board level to improve Trust performance.
- Make improved and better-informed decisions, viewing challenges more objectively and deliver better results and improving learning outcomes across schools in the MAT.
- An ability to lead and plan more strategically, identifying threats and exploiting new opportunities
- Confidently interrogate financial data and challenge financial reports to make balanced, informed Board level decisions based on a deep understanding of financial data
- Develop strategies and approaches for the effective management of stakeholders at Board level.
5 Day Accelerator Programme
This programme is also available as a five day accelerator programme.
Why Choose INPD
In Professional Development provides accredited leadership and management courses, transforming the learning of professionals across every sector.
From your first contact with us, we will help you tailor the precise training you or your company needs.
That’s the INPD way.
Benefits of using INPD
- Our courses and programmes are delivered face-to-face in modern, convenient locations and can also be delivered in house on your premises
- Receive maximum return on your training and development investment
- Get involved in high-quality, content-driven events and programmes that enable specialist communities to meet, connect, network and share knowledge