Getting ready for your virtual classroom experience
When you book onto your virtual classroom course you will receive a booking confirmation email with the details of your course. Approximately 4 weeks in advance of the course start date you will receive detailed joining instructions and a ‘how to guide’ with everything you need to know about logging on remotely and how to use zoom.
If you are an accredited booking; you will also receive information how to carry out the accreditation process and next steps.
Please ensure that you have read over the documents sent across.
The programme timings:
This will be applicable each day of the programme. Please be prompt for registration at 08:30am. You will be placed into a waiting room until the training commences at 09:00am.
Note that the training and break times may be subject to change at discretion of the tutor; more guidance will be provided from your trainer during the programme.
- Registration: 08:30-08:50am
- First session: 09:00-10:30am
- Break: 10:30-10:50am
- Second session: 10:50-12:30pm
- Break :12:30-13:30pm
- Third session: 13:30-14:30pm
- Break: 14:30-15:00pm
- Fourth session: 15:00-17:00pm
*daily timings are at the discretion of the tutor.
Our online training courses are designed to create the optimum learning experience for the virtual environment. The programmes are run in such a way to emulate the physical classroom experience, with elements of networking via our WhatsApp community and interactive activities via Zoom. Our experience has shown that if delegates follow the guidance below it creates a better learning experience for all participants and ensures you get the most from your training programme.
- Please do not conduct personal work during the training.
- Disable email notifications on your laptop during training.
- Find a secluded, quite area to reduce interference. Please inform residents of your household to be considerate; should they need to enter the same room. Please consider muting the microphone if there is a disturbance. This is a virtual classroom setting, so any background noise will have an impact.
- Make sure you are on time for registration at 8:30am. You will be moved into a waiting room until 9am when the training starts.
- Ensure that you have set up your zoom profile and that your first and last name is displayed ready for the training.
- Please mute and stop your video when going for a break.
- Please be prompt upon your return from the breaks, ready to start the new training interval. The tutor will start at the time scheduled, whether you are present or not.
- Check that all equipment and broadband is in working order prior to training.
- Any interference in the class will be identified may result in temporary removal
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you on to the programme. We also value your feedback and will contact you after the programme to gather your views about your experience.
What equipment will I need?
- A laptop or desktop computer that is connected to the internet and has a strong/stable connection
- Enabled speaker and microphone facilities
- Functioning web-cam
- Pen and paper for note taking
Our Digital Badges
Upon the successful completion of your programme, you will be issued with your digital badge
and certificate via Credly.
Our digital badges are unique to your programme and are a great way of substantiating your learning experience.
They are also perfect for sharing with your social networks.
Speak to us today if you would like to know more about our virtual classroom or have any questions about your attendance. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org