Working in collaboration with:
Introducing the Directors Development Programme
Planning time out of the office to focus on your personal development and stay up to date can be difficult. Yet the value and benefits can be immediate and exponential. The training and development of directors, and directors of the board is an essential investment for any organisation. It’s purpose is to help you and your business to operate at its greatest effectiveness.
The Directors Development Programme equips professionals with practical information and core competencies needed to be an effective director. The programme is an intensive learning experience, highly applied and participative. It is designed for senior organisational leaders, business owners and aspiring directors aiming to fast track their personal development. The programme can be studied both on a non accredited and accredited basis through the CMI.
This well structured programme provides an outstanding personal development opportunity for senior leaders. It provides insight into the role of the director and the board, leadership, corporate strategy, finance and crucially organisational governance. It offers the maximum personal and business benefit from a minimum investment.
Key Taught Elements
The programme consists of the following core elements delivered over 5 Modules:
Key issues covered throughout the programme include:
- Understanding and applying the principles of good governance
- Boardroom characteristic, structure and behaviours
- Tools to increase personal and boardroom effectiveness
- The role and responsibilities of the board, directors and non-executive directors (NEDs)
- Developing the strategy and setting the vision, mission and values
- Corporate social responsibility
- Leadership and creating high performing teams
- Motivating and driving performance
- Improving decision making
- Understand the key differences between direction, management and ownership
- Financial management, models and decision making
- Communication skills
- Driving the organisation through clear and effective performance measures
Benefits of Attendees
By completing the Directors Development Programme you will:
- Gain detailed and comprehensive understanding of your role, responsibilities and legal obligations as a director in just 5 days
- Explore your role as a leader and develop your ability to drive organisational performance
- Build your knowledge of financial methodologies, terms, concepts and strategies in one sort intense programme
- Learn how to build and contribute to effective Boards
- Evaluate and utilise the latest techniques, methods and processes for developing and implementing new business strategy, marketing and business plans
- Be well equipped to protect your organisation through good governance principles and a clear understanding of risks, legal requirements and regulations.
What to expect…
Contemporary management ideas and techniques are fused with exemplary best practice from industry. The result is an innovative programme that encourages those in attendance to apply the very best in management thinking and leadership to live and demanding challenges in their organisational context. There is a strong focus on ‘action learning’, integrating theory with workplace practice, plus an innovative mix of group and individual learning experiences.
The Directors Development Programme is taught in small groups, not in large lecture theatres. Offering a more personal style of teaching, tailored to participant needs. Our approach provides an enhanced and collaborative learning experience, using the real world challenges of participants to put concepts, principles and ideas in to practice.
We appreciate that your time is precious and costly so development programmes like our Directors Development Programme need to fit around you and your business. The programme has therefore been designed with the busy executive in mind giving participants the support they want and the way they want it.
Directors Development Programme – Full
The full Directors Development Programme is a comprehensive and detailed development programme. Consisting of 5 modules, it is delivered over a period of 6 to 12 months. This approach gives participants complete flexibility around their busy working and personal lives. Attendees can choose dates from a rolling calendar of modules until they have completed the programme.
Directors Development Programme – Accelerator
Complete the Directors Development Programme Accelerator in just 5 days. This programme is an intensive learning experience and benefits those who prefer to complete the course in a condensed and continuous format.
Directors Development Programme by Module: Pick & mix option
Not interested in all the aspects of the Directors Development Programme? Then simply pick and mix specific modules from the options available. You don’t have to complete the full programme, just register for the modules that interest you the most.
- Work experience: Minimum of 3- 5 years of senior management experience
- Academic qualifications: Undergraduate degree. Equivalent, relevant work experience also accepted.English language: Confident business English (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only).
You can attend the Directors Development Programme on an accredited basis and achieve a PGCert Strategic Leadership for Directors in Strategic Leadership and Management
Participants deciding to opt for the non-accredited route still benefit from the CPD points for attending the each module.
Learn these modules separately, or all in one go with our fast track 5 day DDP Accelerator course.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Detailed knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director including legal obligations, personal liabilities and expected duties and how these relate to your role in your business
- Ability to build crucial commercial, operational and leadership skills and knowledge
- Improved confidence and effectiveness operating at Board, C or D-level executive-level management
- Knowledge of the latest boardroom best practice and principles
- Development of the personal key skills to better influence the Board and deliver more effective outcomes;
- Improved and more informed decision making, viewing challenges more objectively and delivering better results
- An ability to lead and plan more strategically, identifying threats and exploiting new opportunities.
Why Choose in>pd
in>Professional Development provides accredited leadership and management courses, transforming the learning of professionals across every sector.
From your first contact with us, we will help you tailor the precise training you or your company needs.
That’s the in>pd way.
Benefits of using in>pd
- Our courses and programmes are delivered face-to-face in modern, convenient locations and can also be delivered in house on your premises
- Receive maximum return on your training and development investment
- Get involved in high-quality, content-driven events and programmes that enable specialist communities to meet, connect, network and share knowledge