A 1 day course, held at venues across the UK
This introduction to coaching skills workshop will provide leaders and managers with the confidence to use coaching in their day to day interaction with colleagues or clients. We will introduce the role and purpose of coaching and enable participants to practice and receive feedback on a range of effective coaching tools. The course will also explore the skills associated with coaching and facilitating in the team environment, and how coaching can be used to engage colleagues, align goals, and provide a method to manage difficult conversations.
For participants with more experience of coaching, we will differentiate our approach to ensure they benefit from some current thought leadership in coaching practice, informed by up to date organisational research relating to the effectiveness of coaching in enhancing individual and team performance. This will include a consideration of coaching different personality types, and how to identify and coach people with diverse strengths and capabilities within the team environment.
Who is this course for?
The course will provide participants at any level with an up to date insight into how to coach and mentor colleagues. For experienced leaders, it will provide vital tools that will enhance their management ability both one to one, and in relation to how they facilitate teams.
- Directors and owners
- Experienced and time-served senior leaders
- Newly appointed leaders or aspiring leaders
- HR and Learning and Development professionals
Through interactive presentations and open discussion, the facilitators will deliver a thought-provoking session, providing you with the key information, details and facts needed in an engaging and memorable environment:
On completion of this module, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the underpinning principles of coaching and mentoring, differences in roles, processes and environment, and different interpretations of the methodology of coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate good professional practice as a coach or mentor, including an awareness of contracting, confidentiality, ethics
- Use a profiling tool to identify client strengths and personality type, and adapt approach to meet client needs
- Apply models of coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate the ability to align different tools to the needs of the client
- Conduct a professional coaching conversation with a client
- Apply coaching practice to the team environment, and use coaching skills to facilitate
Alex was faultless! The day I spent with him was excellent. His delivery was first class, he had in-depth knowledge on theories, exercises and industries. All the other attendees got involved with the course and this benefited everyone. I would definitely recommend this course to others!
NHS Healthcare services