A 2 day module held at venues across the UK.
The Role of the Director and the Board course will give delegates an essential understanding of the key duties, roles and legal obligations of the Director and the Board. Packed with the latest thinking and best practice, the course will explore good governance principles, provide up to date legal requirements and give Directors a renewed confidence to tackle the increasing challenges facing the Boardroom.
Delegates will be encouraged to consider their own role, Board and organisation, bringing relevant issues and challenges to share, discuss and develop solutions. This two-day programme will give you the essential knowledge, skills and confidence to improve your performance as a Director and that of the Board’s.
There will be a focus on effective corporate governance and risk management. Candidates will learn and develop their understanding of the requirements through case studies and practical examples, and using real life experiences and knowledge of the course leader and other candidates. The module will also cover specific roles in the Boardroom, such as Chair, Non-Executive Director and Company Secretary.
Who is this course for?
Whether you are an experienced long serving Director, newly appointed or an aspiring Director, this course will give you a fresh and unique insight in to an ever growing role and responsibilities accompanying the position.
Manchester - Oct 7th, 2019 - Oct 8th, 2019
6 places remaining
Upon completion of this course, delegates will gain:
- An understanding of the duties, roles and legal obligations of the Director and the Board
- An understanding of Board structure and how it should operate to be effective
- An in depth understanding of the Company Act 2006 and its implications for businesses, along with the legal and regulatory environment businesses must operate
- A deep insight in to corporate governance and how it influences the responsibilities, accountabilities and activities of the Board
- An understanding of how to think strategically versus operationally
- An understand how to identify good governance and interpret assess and manage corporate risk
- The ability to identify best practice in the boardroom
- Improved personal and Boardroom effectiveness
- Developed strategies and approaches for the effective management of stakeholders at Board level
- Recognition of the importance and influence corporate values have in the development of a successful. responsible and ethical business
- Increased confidence to challenge and influence Board level decisions and company direction
- Coherent strategies for shaping and influencing change and transformation
- The ability to identify and understand the crucial differences between direction, management and ownership
In association with
As a non-director I was concerned this course would be beyond my level of understanding, however Stewart did an amazing job at tailoring the course content to my level of understanding and experience. Amazing course, would definitely recommend it to others!