This course has been designed to support existing and potential managers and equip them with the skills they need to manage a GP Practice. The engaging course focuses on the leadership and management skills required to be successful in a mid-senior management position and will include current insights into Evidence Based Management, Coaching and Mentoring, conflict management, and change. The course is led by a highly experienced NHS leader, and will be supported by current NHS insights, contextualised case studies, and first hand experience of the challenges of being a leader in Primary Care.
The GP Practice Manager Programme provides professionals with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of practice management and reflect and grow in an enhanced learning environment. Participants will become part of a strong and supportive national network of Primary Care Leaders.
This Level 5 accredited leadership training course has been designed to help existing and potential managers gain a better understanding of the dynamics in managing multidisciplinary teams and improve their personal approach to leadership.
Who the course is for
This course is for existing managers and potential managers in a primary care environment.
- Demonstrate confidence in managing, coaching and developing multidisciplinary teams and individual colleagues.
- Demonstrate leadership skill, presence, and self-awareness in a senior position within Primary Care
- Understand own working preferences, strengths and weaknesses, and how to most effectively utilise strengths.
- Consider own underpinning motivations, values and belief around self and others, and how these personal factors influence own leadership approach.
- Demonstrate with certainty and clarity, the connection between accountability, visible leadership behaviour, and a high performing, Just culture within primary care.
- Analyse the role of Emotional Intelligence in leading, motivating and engaging with a diverse range of colleagues.
- Examine approaches to sensitively handle challenging conversations, conflict, and differing perspectives. Be able to mediate between and resolve complex inter-personal dynamics.
- Become an Evidence Based Practitioner, and engage with research and evidence in decision making, and management within primary care.
- Coach and Mentor colleagues to enhance performance and build trust and confidence in the Practice Team.
- Examine key, topical, drivers for change in Primary Care, and consider how these relate to own Practice.
- Examine how iterative, Agile, principles can help define solutions, and create a methodology for data driven improvement, to develop a strategic advantage.
- Examine the impact of change and utilise a variety of change management tools to support others through change.
- Enhance resilience and awareness of the needs of others, the impact of stress for those in high pressure roles, and how to lead with compassion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I achieve a degree or masters at the end of my course?
Upon completion of our Leadership and Management Course you will receive a recognised leadership qualification accredited by the CMI to level 5 (degree level).
You can find out more about our accreditations on our Qualifications page.
I have worked in a management position for 4 years but I have no formal qualifications. Can I still attend this course?
Our courses are designed for all professional roles whether you have educational qualifications or not. However we usually suggest that delegates have a minimum of 3 years’ management experience for our leadership courses.
Who should attend this course?
Typically our leadership courses attract General Managers, Heads of departments, Directors of departments, Assistant Directors, Managing Directors, CEOs and other senior leaders. Each cohort will be varied so delegates have access to a network of different job roles across all industry sectors.
Do I need to be working in a Practice Management Role to undertake the course?
No but experience of working at senior level either in primary care or a customer service background is essential.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
This course is for you if you want to:
- Understand the key aspects of Practice Management and improve your overall performance as a leader and manager
- Apply a range of coaching techniques to better understand the needs and strengths of colleagues, and get the best from your team
- Create a professional environment where colleagues can flourish, and where patients will receive the best possible care.
- Gain insight into current issues in Primary Care, and how these relate to the Practice Manager role
- Develop a strong, professional, national network of peers, who you will be able to draw upon in the future