The Role of the Non-Executive Director is a member of the Board of Directors, who does not form part of the executive management of a business. Under company law, there is no legal distinction between Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors. NEDs usually stand back from the day-to-day running of the business. NEDs have the same legal duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities as the Executive.
The Non-Executive Directors Development Programme is an intensive 5 day programme, which has been developed to support and provide leaders with the knowledge and skills to be a high performing Non-Executive Director, preparing them for the demands and challenges that they face every-day.
This fast track, well-structured and intensive programme, provides an outstanding personal development opportunity. The programme gives a detailed understanding and up to date knowledge of the role of the Non-Executive Director and the Board, leadership, corporate strategy, finance and crucially, organisational governance. It offers the maximum personal and business benefit from a minimum investment.
Who is this course for?
Designed for those with a minimum 3 years senior management experience, it provides the core elements for aspiring, newly appointed and seasoned Non Executive Directors looking to improve their effectiveness at board level.
- Detailed knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Non-Executive Director including legal obligations, personal liabilities and expected duties and how these relate to your role
- Being able to contribute to the strategic direction of the company
- Build crucial commercial, strategic and leadership skills and knowledge
- Improved confidence and effectiveness operating at Board level
- Knowledge of the latest Boardroom best practice and principles
- Development of the personal key skills to better influence the Board and deliver more effective outcomes
- Improved and more informed decision making, viewing challenges more objectively and delivering better results
- An ability to lead and plan more strategically, identifying threats and exploiting new opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does this course provide me with any qualifications?
A: This course comes with an accreditation option. You have the option to attend the 5 days as a knowledge refresher or you can take the accredited PgCert route which requires delegates to complete 3 assessments.
For more information on our accreditation visit our Qualifications page here.
Q: I’m not a Non-Executive Director but I am considering this role as part of my next venture. Would this training course be relevant for me?
A: Yes, if you’re aspiring to be or considering stepping into a Non-Executive Directors position then this course would be very beneficial to you.
Q: What are the key learning areas of the course?
A: The Non-Executive Directors programme teaches delegates about the 5 core aspects of directing – Leadership, Governance, Management, Finance, Strategy & Marketing. Looking at how the board of directors operates on a day-to-day basis and how this can be influenced by non-executive directors.
Contact our education consultants for more information.
You can see all of our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
In association with
I really enjoyed this course! There were so many opportunities to engage with the other delegates on the course, which I found to be very beneficial. I also really enjoyed the live scenarios and case study sessions.